Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall Is In The Air!

Gosh, it's been forever since I posted anything on here! I have been super busy getting thing ready for my shows. I don't have any more booked for the rest of the fall. I was trying to get into one, but I think there are a lot of politics involved in some of these shows. Since I am relatively new to doing "prim" shows, I can't seem to get into a couple of them. That's okay for right now though, since the 2 big ones that I had were so good that I don't have the inventory for another one now! I have also put some things in a shop in Hannibal, MO. They had a fall festival this past weekend & I did really well with the things I put in there last Wednesday. I think I will do well there. If there is anyone that is in that area or passing through, stop by & see Carrie & the girls at Puddin Heads. She has an awesome shop that her mom started 22 years ago. There are collectibles, antiques & handmade crafts. I am also in the process of getting some things in another shop close to home, so I have to get busy making more things!

          I did a show in Kinmundy 2 weeks ago & did really well. It was alot of fun too. I hired a girl to help me & she did great. I was glad she was available. Hoping she can help out some more in the future! We had a couple come to the booth just as I had made a ham sandwich for myself. I was standing there eating & the man asked where I got the sandwich from. I told him I had made it. I never thought anymore about it as his wife as browsing. She then stood in front of me as if to ask a question, but said nothing. I asked her if she needed some help & her answer was, "well, are you going to fix my husband a sandwich"? I could hardly keep from laughing! I just told her I didn't sell sandwiches, but pointed her in the direction of the food vendors! This was an awesome place for a show, except that it was in the woods. That makes for a great venue, except that you cannot tear down early & with 2- 10x10 tents full of stuff, it takes a little while to tear down & get it done before it gets dark! Well I decided to have my friend go to the truck with me so that it would be quicker for her to help guide me to hook up the trailer. I was in period dress, so I wanted to change clothes to pack up anyway. I knew I could change in the back of the horse trailer, after getting it hooked up. We hooked up & Erin got in the truck to text her husband, while I changed my clothes. After I got in the trailer, I pulled the loading door shut.......it latched!! OMG! I was locked in the back of a horse trailer! I went ahead & changed, all the while trying to figure out how I was going to get out. I started by jumping up & down. I thought for sure that Erin would wonder why the truck was bouncing. No she said she just thought I was having a hard time getting out of my dress! I then tried to throw one of my shows from outside the side window. It hit back quarter panel of the truck, but she still didn't pay any attention. So, I threw the other shoe. Still nothing! I had nothing else small in the trailer that I could throw! Now there were 3 older people setting on a bale of straw about 50 yards away. I didn't want them to think I was nuts by hollering at them for help. There was also a woman not too far from them closing a gate. I thought well maybe I can get her attention. I hollered "excuse me" to her & she came toward me. Here I am hanging out of this horse trailer window, asking her to please ask the lady in the cab of my truck to come to the back of the trailer & let me out! She looked at me with this "what the heck" look on her face & went & knocked on the truck window. I heard her say to Erin, "There’s a lady in the trailer that wants you to let her out"! I TOTALY lost it at that point! The people that were on the hay bales were now on their way over. I was laughing so hard when Erin opened the door I thought I was going to pee my pants. Everyone was laughing by that time! The people on the bales had seen everything, the bouncing truck, me throwing shoes out the window at the truck, but didn't realize what was going on! They probably didn't want to get involved!!! Well that's just an example of 2 instances of the life & times of going to a show with Barefoot Horse! I LOVE doing "prim" shows!!!
          Well at least I got some of this onto my blog. Now I have to get busy making more "hand-dids" for my website & for the shops. Hope to start posting more in the future! Hope everyone is enjoying the great fall weather we are having~~~
Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment